Thursday, January 22, 2009

getting the hang

Hello All,
Just finishing my third week here. I'm haven't been robbed, swindled, killed or kicked. I have been both noticed and ignored...mostly noticed. My nickname at the clinic in Chinchero is "gringito bonito" (roughly translated: prettty white boy). I'm healthy and I feel good. I'm in Peru; it's fun. What else do you want to know?
Tomorrow afternoon (us 3 volunteers and one extra dude) are heading to Cusco for the weekend. I think I am going to stay in Oscar and Miguel's (my borthers while in Peru) apartment. We are probably going to go to the dance clubs...apparently their great. On Saturay we are going to a couple of museums. I heard that they are amazing. Oh, last weekend we went to some Incan ruins: Ullutaytambo and Pisaq. They were both astounding and fun was had by all.
What else: I'm getting plenty of practice giving injections at the clinic...seriously, I give a lot of injections. Um, I practice my spanish and try to learn some quechuan (try learning two languages simaultaenously sometime, it is just awesome).
I must say that I have been missing certain things about the US. Freinds, family and food, mostly. I also just realized this moment that I have no idea who is in the NFL playoffs and I don't know when the superbowl is. When is the superbowl? I don't want to look it up. That's about it. You all are welcome to join the blog and post comments and communicate if you feel so inclined. Bye, Todd

5 comments:

Red DDT said...

Gringito bonito - will you live that down when you get home? I would have thought that the red hair would be more of an attention getter.

Unknown said...

Bro, the Superbowl is the Cardinals and the Steelers. Larry Fitzgerald is playing out of his mind. We're rooting for the Cards.

Good to hear you're doing well. Enjoy the dance clubs - show off all the moves you learned from Bucketskin.

Peace,

Evan

DVaughn said...

yeah, like the nickname of rojo classico or eres buen americano. We love reading these blogs T. Thanks for taking the time. We are praying for you and love you man. Your mama will be happy to fix amazing food when you return. That's what moms who love their sons do. So do aunts and uncles. WE're rooting for the underdog Cards also. Kurt Warner is living a dream from 5-6 years ago.

DVaughn said...

whoops, this was uncle dave, not dvaughn for devin

coach said...

Todd, I am so proud of you and also very jealous of what you are seeing! Praying for your safety and love for others! Have fun! Love Dad

Followers