Monday, September 7, 2009

Tetris and the Compassion Rebellion

You know when you are about to lose at tetris, and you start to panic and think, "oh, sh**, oh sh**" as the blocks seem to be coming faster and the rows move higher quicker? Well, I was born playing a brand new, beginner level tetris game. If you are born into poverty and have a mental illness, an abusive past, a poor education, addictions, no support, no dignity, are treated without respect, are sometimes given bread but never roses, are surrounded by violence, live in a society that is individualistic and calloused, well...I started out talking about tetris, but now I don't think a computer game is an appropriate analogy, but, you get the idea. Oh, sh**, oh sh**, you're f***ed (unless someone is willing to stand by you with a pocket full of quarters, patience, encouragement and teaching) this is just the way it seems to be. And most people don't spend a lot of time in arcades...I know I don't.

Upcoming events this week:
1) ultimate frisbee in central park
2) yankees game
3) will either give myself a haircut or pay for one
4) not writing another blog

Also, I will be composing a list of things that kill your soul. Feel free to comment on your own "soul-killers". I have two for you:
1) standing in line. this is just the worst ever!!!!!!
2) Shopping/thinking about stores like American Apparel- save your soul. don't do this.

PS- This is called blogventing (which is a term i just created). No need to comment or analyze. Just let it happen. Pictures to follow someday.
PPS- I found this link to be pretty simple way of presenting our health care problem in America

1 comment:

Luke said...

Along the lines of shopping: Going to sales at Old Navy or similar. Watching teenage girls and their mothers throw clothes on the floor in their quest to find "deals" or "cute outfits". I get physically sick thinking about this.

Followers